Wednesday, September 2, 2009

YAY Cancer is still in remission!

Saw the oncologist yesterday and the ENT today.

Report from Dr. Tudor (Oncologist)
Blood work looks great! Not perfect, but markedly improved. The chemo threw my hormones out of whack a bit, however, so he is sending me to a gynecologist, who will most likely put me on birth control to try to re-set my system. I should still be able to have children, but right now, it seems that I am not ovulating.

Report from Dr. Denys (Ear, Nose and Throat)
No visual sign of the tumor coming back and my lymph nodes feel normal (Woot woot!!!)
Also, he didn't have to use the scope this time. Apparently my gag reflex has been stunted, so he is now able to put a dental mirror at the back of my throat and look up my sinuses and down my throat. So much more comfortable than the scope!

After the doc, I met Valerie for lunch. We see each other all the time, but rarely get to just "hang out". It was quite nice. Then I went to Ross to try to find a dress. I tried on 12 items, and nothing was modest enough. Anyone know where I can find modest clothing that doesn't look like grandma clothes?

2 comments:

Lynnie said...

Target or Macy's online are both pretty good places to shop for clothes. Target has some good prices on dresses.

Hayward Family said...

YAY for remission!! WOOHOO!! You can work here! ;) Love ya!