Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chemo Postponed

I was supposed to start chemo today, but my white blood count was too low. I have an appointment to come back Next Monday and we will try again. I was a bit relieved because I will have another week where I feel good and can continue to recover my strength before I start the poison again. But I also want to get it over with. Mixed emotions today for sure.
I went to dinner with the guys. Jeff, Jared and Tim. Jon didn't feel well so he didn't make it. I am so grateful to be able to eat well right now. And grateful to have such good friends to eat with :)
I think having friends and family around is so important when you are going through something like this. I always had a big fear of being sick and single. Although I still think it would be easier emotionally to have that companionship right now, I am able to lean on my family and friends which is helping me get through this.

No comments: