Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You want to stick what up my nose?

I went to the Ear Nose Throat doctor today. Dr Denys. He is the doctor that discovered my cancer and did the biopsies on my lymph nodes and tumor. He is also the doctor that puts a camera in my nose to check out the tumor. Not my favorite game. He didn't do that today, but once I finish chemo, he would like to scope me every month for the first year, and every 2 months for the second so that if the tumor comes back, we can catch it early. If it comes back, I can't do the same kind of radiation again, so we would have to go a different route. More chemo and or surgery. The surgery on that part of the body is very difficult though so we are just gonna pray that it doesn't come back. Today he verified that I have fluid behind my left ear drum. I am more prone to infection and issues because of the location of the cancer, and because of the radiation to that area. He gave me more antibiotics and said if the infections continue, they will put tubes in my ears. Apparently for adults, they can just do that in the office. I really don't want to be awake for a procedure like that, but it probably won't be worse than the scope. Man I don't love that scope.


Oh also, want to remind everyone that I love visitors, but please be healthy if you come over. Thanks a bunch!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Sorry about the fluid in your ears. I hope the antibiotics clear it up so you can hear again and won't need any tubes. Love ya Trac!!

Hayward Family said...

ew.. I hate things being stuck up my nose! haha.. Fingers only, please? lol..