Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dr Visit...good news :)

I went to the ENT today for another lovely nasal scope. I don't think I am ever going to get used to having a camera up my nose. At least it was good news! The swelling has gone down, and the radiation burns have healed so the doctor could see more clearly. The tumor (Kirby) is completely gone, and the tissue that was swollen all around it looks normal now. Originally, he thought he would have to do a scope every month for the next year, but now he says every 3 months should be fine. YAY!!!

He did find that I have both a sinus infection and thrush again. He is treating the thrush, but can't treat the sinus infection until that is gone, because the antibiotics with make the thrush thrive. I can irrigate the sinuses with salt water, which may just take care of it without more pills anyway. He said I will be more prone to sinus infections now. I have had them most of my life, up until the last couple of years. An infection I can deal with now...as long as the tumor doesn't come back.

My sister Barbara is coming tonight to stay for a few days. It will be nice to have her here. I have had friends over all week, and it has been great! I am feeling so good right now (if you don't count the sinus and mouth infection and the occasional puking :P

2 comments:

Hayward Family said...

That's great news! Minus the sinus and threash.. I'm glad it's gone! We will pray for a quick recovery and a cancer free life!!

Lynnie said...

Best news I've ever heard!