Monday, March 2, 2009

Remission :D

I went to the doctor today and my levels were up enough to do the last round of chemo. This alone is enough to make me do the happy dance. I asked the doctor when I will be officially in remission, and he said I am now. Yes, I am doing sitting in my chair in front of my computer doing the happy dance right now! I have the fanny pack on pumping 5Fu into my system until Friday, but I don't care. It was so cool to hear that word, remission.
Now I have doctors appointments, check ups on my blood cells and iron and all that stuff, and scopes and other tests, but I am done with the treatment, and done with the cancer. And you know what? Cancer sucks! But, if you are lucky enough to have early signs, please check them out. And if you happen the have the beast ever in your life, fight like hell.

Also, get all your tests and live a preventative life. Eat healthy, maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. If you smoke, quit. If you drink, quit (alcohol increases the risk of head and neck cancers). And please donate to cancer research if you are able. I am so blessed to have gotten cancer when I did and not 5 or 10 years ago. Treatment is getting better all the time.

Now I am going to take some anti nausea meds to make sure I don't puke tonight!

REMISSION WOOT WOOT!!!

No comments: