Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pretend I am your 80 year old grandfather.

A few weeks ago, I woke up one morning with a terrible earache. Since then, the hearing in my left ear has gotten progressively worse. I have seen two family doctors and an ENT. I have had 2 rounds of antibiotics, but still the pressure continues to build, and the hearing continues to wane. I am pretty sure there is fluid built up that just needs to be released. My ENT spoke to me after radiation about the possibility of having tubes put it. I think it is time for that. When I saw his assistant 2 weeks ago, he said it looked like my ear drum was ready to rupture, and assured me that it would heal quickly, so I have been a bit skiddish since then.

I made another appointment for January 9th. This time with my regular ENT, Dr Denys, and an audiologist. Hopefully the drum doesn't rupture. I have found a bit of relief by taking sudafed, but it keeps me awake. This would explain me 5am post today.

So, if you happen across me, and wish to converse, just aim for my right ear and pretend like I am your grandfather.

No comments: