Saturday, October 22, 2011

Purple Rain or The Room Formerly Known as White

This weekend my sister came to town to help me paint the guest room. The guest room is actually Chris's room that he will stay in for a few months when he returns from his mission. For some reason, I got it in my head that I wanted to paint the room purple. I bought the purple paint, then came to the realization that it may upset Chris to come home to his old room...with the new Barney feel to it. So, I took the paint back to Lowe's to have them change the color. They were able to add black to the paint to make it a smokey grey/blue. After bringing the "boy" paint home and beginning to cover the walls, I realize that the grey/blue, is actually still very purple. Chris is not one to complain, and I'm sure he will be fine with the room. He is only planning to stay here for a couple of months, but I secretly (blogging publicly) want him to stay for much longer. When Chris arrived at one of the apartments he stayed in while on his mission, he found the bed spread to be covered in Disney princesses. He thought it funny, but his brother didn't, and promptly purchased a Steeler's blanket and mailed it to him. I adore my boys, and have very much enjoyed raising them. My taste in furniture and home decor has largely been masculine, but I need something feminine in my house now. A woman's retreat, if you will.

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God Bless, Lloyd

Covnitkepr1 said...

Time spent with mom will be precious and the color of the walls probably won't matter.
Steelers huh?? Colts fan here.

I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.