Monday, April 16, 2012

Jambalaya, why do you hurt me so?

Last night my sweetheart and I met some friends for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Jared and I have gone there several times, and he usually orders the jambalaya. I usually take a few bits off of his plate because it is just that good. Last night, however, I decided to let him eat in peace, and ordered my own creole delicacy. I only ate about half of the dish, but I ate all the shrimp. An hour later, I was in the passenger seat of his car itching like mad. It was all I could do to keep from tearing my skin off. I got home and sure enough, covered from head to toe in hives. I didn't have the raised white bumps, but I had the itchy, bright red patches all over my body. They were hot to the touch, and did I mention itchy? After a soak in the tub and massive amounts of Benadryl, the itching subsided and by morning the redness was mostly gone. I made it to church today and have been ok although I am still a little itchy. This isn't the only random allergy I have developed since chemo. I read today that it is quite common to develop them after cancer treatment. I think out immune systems get all mixed up after we put them through the rigors of chemotherapy. I will miss one of my favorite dishes. Perhaps, though, I will try just one piece the next time Jared orders it :)

2 comments:

Healthy Thief said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog. Your articles are just amazing.
If you have spare time and looking for a great site for physical exercise and about diet. Visit the site, name is Diet for Health.This site can be useful to you, your family and friend’s. Don’t forget to visit the site. Thanks again for your post. Waiting for your future Posts as well.

douda23imed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.