Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A bit better

Today I feel a bit better than I have since starting the latest round of chemo, although still weak and a bit nauseous. I went to the pharmacy and even braved Walmart for a bit. I am still not eating much, but did get down some yogurt, a couple almonds, and a half a cracker. I am going to drink a Slimfast before I go to bed as well. I made vegetable soup today thinking I could eat that, but it tasted like metal :(

I sometimes wish I had gotten the feeding tube in my stomach. I feel better when I have eaten, but it is so hard with the mouth sores and the lack of or altered tastes. I suppose I will happy when this is all over with and I don't have that scar on my stomach.

I heard from a friend tonight who is in Cabo for vacation. How I look forward to next summer, feeling well, and being on vacation somewhere...anywhere. It is a gift I want to give to myself when I am all done with this. A vacation.

1 comment:

Hayward Family said...

Tracy! I'm glad you are feeling a little better! You are in much need of a vacation somewhere WARM! You should defenitely start planning NOW so you have something to look forward to SUMMER of 2010!!