Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lets see if we can get this camera in a little further...

Took anti anxiety pill.
Mom picked me up. Short stop at Grandma Duvalls. I am loopy so I get through this OK. On the ENT. Love Dr. Denys. He is great, other than when he is feeding a camera and tube up my nose and down my throat. I thold him I was having issues with my voice changing still, so he fed the tube further down to look at my larynx, and yep...lots of swelling from the radiation.
He gave me steriods to take that down so that I can have a girl voice again...for a while at least. Says it may come back. Also gave me something for dry mouth with one not so fun side effect...may cause excessive sweating. We will have to see if this is the case, and if its worse than the dry mouth.
My Oncologist wants the ENT to perform another biopsy, but the ENT says there is no need. I am glad because I don't want surgery again. Boy when treatment is over, it really isn't over, is it.

No comments: